Optomystic

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Funny how that works...



like you are just thinking about something you haven't thought about in years, probably, like a movie--like this happened just today, when I took my teenage daughter to Blockbuster to get a Gilmore Girls DVD for the weekend and we looked in the sale bin and I saw "As Good As It Gets" on sale for 7.99 and we had a conversation about it. Now, I haven't had a conversation about "As Good As It Gets" with anyone for years, I'm sure. Then my brother-in-law calls me tonight while I'm in the Tennessee Performing Arts dressing room chaperoning my son and his fellow "Party Boys" in the Nashville Ballet's "Nutcracker," and I thank him for the wonderful song he sent me recently via iTunes. It was "The Trapeze Swinger," by Iron & Wine (WOW) and I said I'd never heard of the band and he said well they did something for the movie soundtrack for "As Good As It Gets."

That's what I mean: a coinkidink.

Here's the funny part, though: It wasn't "As Good As It Gets" that my brother-in-law meant at all. It was "In Good Company," the Dennis Quaide movie for whose soundtrack Iron & Wine's key entity Sam Beam wrote some songs. Whacky, huh?

Anyway, the other coinkidink is that I just posted something here this a.m. thinking that this blog was going to blow away into the night with the other tumbleweeds and now I actually have something to post:

Graham Sanders, host of Craftbrewer Radio podcast, just emailed me today and said:

Scott

Just letting you know I will be playing the elf song and plugging you on the next beer program.

Have a Good Christmas and New Year.

Graham Sanders
OZ Craftbrewers

http://radio.craftbrewer.org/ -- Download December Show #2!

The "elf song" he mentions is my "The Elf Who's King of Country" and it's pretty funny, ya'll. Check out the Craftbrewer Radio link above in the next week or so to see what I mean!

Cheers,
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home